Sunday 8 May 2016

Love Song by Sophia Bennett Review






Publisher: Chicken House Limited (6th April 2016)

Seventeen-year-old Nina doesn't get why everyone's obsessed with The Point - but when she averts a backstage disaster and is offered a job on tour, she can hardly turn it down. She quickly learns that being with the hottest band on the planet isn't as easy as it looks: behind the scenes, the boys are on the verge of splitting up. Tasked with keeping an eye on four gorgeous but spoiled rock stars, Nina's determined to stick it out - and not fall for any of them ... (Publishers' Blurb)

I was so excited to win this in a competition (thank you @maximumpopbooks) as I'd read a lot of hype about it on Twitter. This book was exactly what I needed to read during the unusually sunny UK weather - it was addictive, romantic and so much fun! I really wish teenage me had been able to read this. As it was, I fell in love with the Point Boys (especially the lead singer Jamie - yes I know I'm a cliche.) This would have been the best book of my teenage years.

One of my favourite things was that this was the ultimate in wish fulfillment. What teenager (and -ahem- some adults) hasn't obsessed about a celebrity at some point? I got really caught up in the whirlwind of Nina's life and somehow became convinced that this was a plausible sequence of events.

Another aspect that I loved was the original song lyrics. They were really well-written and I loved how they reflected the plot.

I have read books with similar plots but without the same emotional depth. This book balanced some serious issues with irresistible romance and I enjoyed everything about it!






If you liked the sound of this, now try these:

-Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols
-Between the Lines by Tammara Webber
-The Stargazer series by Jennifer Echols (which I think might have adult content if I remember correctly)

No comments:

Post a Comment