Sunday 15 October 2017

My top 3 podcasts



This is my first ever post about podcasts because I’ve only recently got into them. Now that I have, I don’t know why I waited for so long. There are podcasts about every subject that I could possibly think of, and they’re usually free! These are some of my favourite podcasts that I've discovered so far. Feel free to share your favourites in the comments!


Serial


This was the podcast that started it off for me. I’d read so many good things about it online that I was intrigued enough to download a podcast app and give it a go. The first series of Serial captured my interest. It was about a man called Adnan Syed who was accused of murdering his high school girlfriend and has been in prison ever since. The investigation was fascinating, listening to all of the sides of the story and trying to work out what was true. I thought the production company This American Life did a great job of providing a balanced portrayal of events, and the real-life dimension was gripping.


I’d also recommend the second series of Serial, and S-town (another podcast by This American Life).


The Black Tapes


This is my current obsession. I'm currently up to series 2 and series 3 episodes are being released every fortnight. The Black Tapes is described as 'a serialized docudrama about one journalist's search for truth, her enigmatic subject's mysterious past, and the literal and figurative ghosts that haunt them both'. I don't think I can explain it any better than that! Alex Reagan is a fantastic host - she's very engaging and relateable. I love the way reality and myth merge with this series and figuring out what I believe. It's a really tense, intriguing podcast and I'm wholly invested in seeing where this goes.

The Well

This podcast is relatively new but it's made a strong start! It's about creative inspiration, and features interviews with interesting people about their slant on creative thinking and what inspires them. The hosts, Branan Edgens and Anson Mount, have a really strong connection and genuine interest in their subject matter, which makes this an interesting and inspiring listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment