Wednesday 22 November 2017

All that she can see by Carrie Hope Fletcher - review


Publisher: Sphere (July 2017)

Cherry has a hidden talent. She can see things other people can't and she decided a long time ago to use this skill to help others. As far as the rest of the town is concerned she's simply the kind-hearted young woman who runs the local bakery, but in private she uses her gift to add something special to her cakes so that after just one mouthful the townspeople start to feel better about their lives. They don't know why they're drawn to Cherry's bakery - they just know that they're safe there and that's how Cherry likes it. She can help them in secret and no one will ever need to know the truth behind her gift.

And then Chase turns up and threatens to undo all the good Cherry has done. Because it turns out she's not the only one who can see what she sees . . . 


This book is based on a unique premise and overall I found it a charming, uplifting read!

The idea behind All that she can see is really sweet and creative. My favourite part of the book is the first half, as it has a kind-spirited feel that made me feel really happy! Cherry is likeable and her desire to help people genuinely moved me! Her optimism seems endless, and the book made me consider how we all have things going on beneath the surface that others might not be aware of. It made me think a lot about empathy and the power of emotions.

I enjoyed the plot of the book as a whole but I found the shift in tone towards the end a little jarring. As a result, I didn't feel quite so engaged by this part of the story. In a way, I would have preferred it to stay with the small town politics and interactions, as this was the part of the book that really grabbed me. 

This was an engaging, enjoyable read and I'll definitely seek out more books by Carrie Hope Fletcher in future.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking this up to the British Books Challenge Amy x

    ReplyDelete