Monday 18 December 2017

Books of the year - Cora from Tea Party Princess

I had a great time with Cora at Quiz YA this year, and I can't wait to share the books she's chosen. 

Usually when it comes to reflecting on the best books I've read, I find it quite easy to pick the standouts. But I have read a lot of exceptional books this year, so this was a toughie. I had to narrow it down to 2017 releases only and be really harsh. But for me, these were the cream of the crop.

This book was a bit of a roller-coaster of emotions and settings, and it was exhilarating to read. I read it mostly in one sitting, only putting it down because I wasn't ready for it to end yet.


This book was creepy as. I was lost in the setting, caught up in the atmosphere, gripped by the plot. It's dark and addictive and do not read it when it's snowing.

I fell instantly in love with this book. It is beautiful and slightly decadent, rich with research and passion. It was inspiring, and I had so much fun reading it and creating things inspired by it.



This book broke my heart and had me messy-crying over my kindle. It was wonderful and heart-breaking in one, difficult for me to read at times as it hit so close to home. But I have no regrets.



This was my biggest SURPRISE book of the year. I picked it up, read it, and realised that I had read something special. I found myself quickly sucked deep into the world of the Medievals and Savages and the intrigue of school politics, madly turning pages.



Wing Jones by Katherine Webber (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33785170-wing-jones) 
This was the first book I read this year and it utterly blew me away. There was a lot of hype, and this book truly lived up to it. It made me angry and sad and happy all at once.


***

Thanks so much for your recommendations Cora! I feel like I've got a lot of reading to do. Tomorrow, Jim from YA Yeah! Yeah! will share his books of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment